Expert nutrition coaching relies on educating clients on a healthy lifestyle, as well as healthy eating, and those issues are best served by the professionals themselves… Introducing my good health ‘colleagues’ from Letchworth, Baldock, Hitchin and beyond…
- Personal trainers in Letchworth at Studio 180: Inviting This is a great place to come and work out. Recommended PT’s: David & Briony Thomas personal trainers plus Sophia Pownall’s Booty Barre classes (aka Olistica Pilates). There are also several Pay as You Go classes including Circuit Training, BOUNCE, yoga and Pilates. Coretta Hart offers sports therapy and massage from the studio.
- Pilates at the Letchworth Centre for Healthy Living: Recommended: Rachel Luck’s Pilates. (Individual sessions also available in Hitchin).
- Specialist weekly Yoga sessions in Letchworth run by Alex Flatman for those suffering from or recovering form restrictive eating / eating disorder. Call Hannah 07575 393997.
- Personal Trainer in Bengeo & Ware: Kayleigh Rogers at Herts Pumping
- Expert Osteopaths at the Letchworth Physio & Sports Injury Centre: Recommended: Dr Cindy McIntyre
- Rebecca is a mobile massage therapist offering nurturing and therapeutic massage in the comfort of your own home. Some Hertfordshire dates – call Rebecca to enquire. www.theRelaxologist.com
Healthy food… !
Fairhaven Wholefoods, Letchworth supplier of a large range all things gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and chemical free and vegan wholefoods. They sell everything from raw sauerkraut and organic foods and snacks to SLS-free toiletries, Ecover refill products and bamboo socks. (They’re also really close to Studio 180 in Letchworth which is really handy if you need to grab food from your nutrition plan after your consult). Organic vegetables and fresh and frozen items also available.
New for 2019 – Letchworth’s own vegan and gluten free bakery Miss Green Fingers. They also sell a great selection of organic fruit and vegetables, allergy-friendly foods you won’t find elsewhere in Letchworth town centre plus vegan cakes. Great place to meet or grab lunch 🙂 2 mins from the train station at 2-4 Eastcheap, Letchworth. Top tip: Their fresh raw kimchi is fabulous
Bamboo Turtle, Letchworth – sells packaging-free food. This is bring-your-own-container food shopping, (though they do have spare containers). Amongst other things they sell muesli, dried fruit, flours, nuts, seeds, tea, coffee, herbs, spices bamboo toothbrushes, silk dental floss, washing powder, some gorgeous soaps. You can find bamboo Turtle in the Arcade in Letchworth town centre.
Letchworth Farmers’ Market takes place on 3rd Saturday of every month in Leys Avenue. Parking in Letchworth Range of food stalls including a great vegetable stall.
Also not to be missed is Letchworth’s Annual Food & Drink Festival which takes place each May. See loveletchworth.com for more details
CookeryEatery – offer cookery camps in school holidays for 4-11 year olds, typically held at St Christopher’s School Letchworth and at Hitchin Boys School. As well as enthusing your young person re the value of nutritious cooking – they will even work around your child’s food allergies. A big thumbs up from the children.
A bit further afield is Health Emporium, Hitchin Useful supplier of wholefoods you may struggle to find even in Waitrose. Hitchin town centre.
& last but not least, mental fitness…
- The friendly team of support services including counsellors, sleep therapists, CBT therapists at Harmony in Hitchin
- Bespoke peer-to-peer Eating Disorder recovery support service An Ear to Hear. Call Hannah 07575 393997 firstname.lastname@example.org. Based in Stotfold.
- Life coach Steve Rogers @ Purple Squirrel, in Ware, Hersts.
Updated October 2019