Stress, food allergy, food intolerance & other laboratory testing services
Sarah Dodd mNNA (CNM) offers a variety of tests to nutrition clients as part of a complete wellness approach. The purpose of testing is to exclude or clarify certain health and nutrition issues. This is not usually central to your therapy, but it can often enable fine tuning of the diet.
Complete nutrition and lifestyle support following results is offered as part of your nutritional care programme – as a nutritional therapist, I do not advise the use of solo home testing without this nutritional support. Please do not eliminate food groups by yourself unless you’ve been told to by a doctor as you may unwittingly exclude too many nutrients and cause more issues. In addition, please do not exclude gluten before being thoroughly screened for coeliac disease. This advice comes straight from the Coeliac Society.
Issues with digestion may appear as difficulty with digesting particular foods – but sometimes there are other factors at play – even stress can play a big part in digestion. Sometimes there is a more serious condition that needs to be checked out and treated by your GP. Please contact me for any further information, advice and test pricing.
Other tests are available including:-
- Tests to support the promotion of tolerance to a wide range of foods / food groups
- Stool analysis – assesses the health of the digestive tract & can include possible presence of bacterial overgrowth, leaky gut, candida or parasites.
- Food allergy testing (measures IgE antibodies – NB – this is not the same as food intolerance testing, see above)
- H Pylori test (Helicobacter Pylori is the single biggest cause of ulcers & gastritis).
- Coeliac screening
- Adrenal hormone stress profile (cortisol and DHEA – stress hormones)
- Female hormone panel related to menopause support
- Osteoporosis Profile
- Female hormones related to conception support and Menopause and Menopause Plus profile
- Male hormones related to ageing and vitality
- Thyroid hormones for a full picture of thyroid hormone health
- Metabolic Analysis Profile – Organic Acids including gut health, neurotransmitter metabolites and cellular energy production.
- Vitamin D testing is also available, as are broad vitamin and mineral checks.
Not all tests require blood testing; some require urine, stool, breath or saliva samples. Many tests can be done using an easy, home DIY blood skin prick test.
Tests start from £40.80 for a simple Vitamin D test all the way up to £335 if you would like more comprehensive nutritional testing such as Genova’s ONE test.
//Please note that tests are not considered diagnostic.//