5 Easy Ways to Improve Your Diet – No Resolutions Necessary!
Tired of impossible resolutions? Here are 5 easy ways to improve your diet – no resolutions necessary. Put these on your fridge and read them daily for a more nutritious diet.
1. Not all fats make you fat! Include healthy fats to keep you fuller for longer… and so naturally you’ll avoid the roller-coaster sugar crashes (and the ‘pick-me-up’ biscuits…) Enjoy avocado, nuts and seeds, olive oil, organic butter, coconut oil, grass-fed meats, oily fish, (see point 5).
2. Eating out? Order a side dish of green vegetables or a green salad to help you eat sufficient fibre to keep the gut healthy. You’ll then find that giant portion of pasta looks less appealing …
3. If you feel healthy food is too ‘plain’ then experiment with herbs and spices to improve flavour: Beginner’s guide:
– finely chop coriander or parsley over a salad (both sources of Vit K and Vit C)
– add dried chilli flakes to poached eggs (makes them taste even better!)
– sprinkle cinnamon on your porridge
– include flavoursome chives over baked beans on sweet jacket potato
– add powdered garlic to your stir-fries if you don’t have time to crush any fresh …
… and don’t forget the black pepper! (it even contains a little Vit K & iron)
4. If you eat what you’ve always eaten then you won’t see any change… try new foods to give more variety – and therefore – potential nutrients in your diet. A new fruit or veg, or meal each week can help to turn the tide of food boredom…
5. Think about what fish you like and actually buy and eat it 😊. So much the better if it’s an oily fish such as, trout, salmon, kippers, fresh/frozen tuna, anchovies, sardines, mackerel or whitebait. The many benefits of oily fish…
Happy New Year! I hope 2019 is your body’s best diet yet!
Want some personalised nutrition expertise to effect significant, long-term change? Book a nutrition MOT for a full diet analysis and nutrition plan. Gift your body a better 2019.