Recipes to support the menopause
Really enjoyed the talk at the Letchworth WiRE group this week; it was lovely to meet some new faces, and to discuss your own strategies for a healthy menopause.
Following on from my talk then, I have posted the links to some phyto-oestrogen friendly recipes for those seeking to incorporate some of the plant oestrogen foods into their diet, as its easier to see the links online rather than on a handout…
To reiterate then – phyto-oestrogens (or literally, plant oestrogens) can help to balance hormones, reduce hot flushes, protect against breast cancer AND against some of the xeno-oestrogens we read about these days, (plastics & pesticide nasties that can tox-up some of our foods). All in all, excellent foods to be eating specifically during these times.
Phyto-Oestrogen Friendly Recipes
- Jamie Oliver’s Summer Chick-Pea Salad
- Hugh F-W’s Chickpea Stew with Lamb Meatballs
- BBC – Moroccan Chickpea Soup
- BBC – Spicy Salmon and Lentils
- BBC – Red Lentil Chickpea & Chilli Soup
- Food.com’s Tempeh Chicken Salad
- Channel 4 Mung Bean Sprout Salad
- Food.com’s Noodles with Tempeh
- Food.com’s Cantonese Tempeh Crockpot
& a new one that wasn’t on the handout…
- You Tube – Veggie Soy bean curry – if you prefer to watch a demonstration!
Join a ‘Better Bones’ webinar
For more info on how nutrition can support a healthy hormone balance – see nutrition services
Good luck, and if you have any questions regarding eating healthily in your peri-menopause / menopause, or about balancing your hormones at other times of your life – nutrition can be helpful – so please get in touch.
And don’t forget to start eating those flax seeds (linseeds).